Tuesday, May 3, 2016

DIY Saga Dice! Make Your Own = Save Money

Saga dice at about $21 each pack is a bit steep but you need them for your games. I saw some people make their own and decided to do it also! I ordered blank dice from Indented Blank Dice. They took about a week before shipping them and then that took about a week to get here (2 weeks feels like forever). Then, I downloaded a sheet someone made that has perfectly sized decal pieces for these dice.

Here's a screen shot of the document. You will need to print two pages of these on decal sheets. You need 8 dice of each type.

Here's a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoxbl2xd6zvq4dt/Symbole_saga.pdf?dl=0
I don't know who to give credit to for it but I would if someone tells me who made it!

Here they are printed! Fedex Office printed them for me on these decal sheets for super cheap (like less than $5 total).
I decided I actually wanted some of the decals to have color so I photoshopped up my own page.

Here's my own print! WARNING: The yellow probably won't show up well and the brown is sort of faint and translucent. I would take it and darken the brown and make the yellow something dark or a better yellow for printing. 

It takes a while to cut them out and get the decals pulled off the backing paper. Cut them into strips per die, peel the backing paper off just enough to cut off the first side's decal. This helps you not have to peel the paper off at a clean cut each time. You'll know what I mean when you try it. When you go to put the decal on, you probably won't be able to place them exactly where you want them. When they are on, you can press your thumb on the decal pretty hard and, with a lot of force, scoot them to where you want them.

Here's the progress. Notice the strips. This is the easiest way to cut them. I got an extra Gold one and wrote with black permanent marker on it 1 through 6 to use to mark the turn number.

Here are my sets! I have 8 of each of these. Notice the Viking off-white dice on the bottom. Those were made without the black outlines. I think they look cleaner on some of them.

This is my pile of Saga dice!

This Saga decal came from the first page I printed with all black decals.
PRICE COMPARISON:

Official Saga Dice: 6 sets = $126 plus tax and/or shipping

Home Made Saga Dice = ~$5 for the decals and $25 for 50 Indented Blank Dice. Make sure you indicate which colors and amounts you want. $30. That's about 76% off. Nice!

Show me your home made dice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment