Friday, May 26, 2017

Tale of Saga Painters: 1st Goals

Here we go!


Goal set 1: Due June 1st, 2017




1. Mark Evans

2. I've been gaming on & off since WHFB 2nd ed, but new to Saga (not even played a game yet). However, it's been a very long time since I painted anything, so hopefully this group will help motivate me & keep me going when my first few attempts at painting look rubbish!

3. My goal for 1st June is purely to get 2 pts of Anglo Dane warriors & 2 pts of Hearthguard built and undercoated. Using GB plastics.


1. Kjell Dwellström, Sweden

2. Been doing the SAGA for 2 years. Before that I played Flames of War and 40k.

3. The goal for 1st of June is to paint an finish 5 models from this pile. The wall included.




1 - Kevin Toole, Atlanta, Georgia USA

2 - I started with 40k and WHF when I was much younger, left the hobby, then returned in about 2013 for Bolt Action. I've been all historical since then with a little bit of Frostgrave. I play Vikings, Irish, Moors, and Picts!

3 - Pictish Warlord & Standard Bearer, 8 Pictish Warriors




I'm Conor Jackson, 21 years old from the South Coast of England. I've been painting/collecting stuff on and off for a few years but only got into Saga about 3 months ago. My pledge for the 1st of June is to finish this simple point of 8 warriors for my Anglo Danish warband. I'm hoping to headswap them with helmets.




Charles McCall

Hello, for my first post to be done by June 1, are these Jomsviking hearthguard. They have had most of their base coat done for about two years. Using this group to get back into the swing of things. If I am successful, I'll get back to the warriors also pictured, but the main goal are the hearthguard.






1. Dustin Vogel, from Wisconsin, USA.

2. 27 years old, been gaming and painting (mostly GW games) for ~16 of those. I'm new to Saga, having been introduced to it at Adepticon a couple of months ago by some friends. I'm going to be building a giant hybrid Pagan Rus/Viking/Jomsviking warband, with a starting focus on the Pagan Rus. Miniatures have arrived or are on their way from: Gripping Beast, Fireforge, Saxon Miniatures, Drabant Miniatures, Footsore Miniatures, Warhansa, V&V Miniatures, CMON, Mierce Miniatures, and Redbox Games. I'm also starting up some Irish, but those won't be a part of this endeavor.

3. My June 1st goal is simply to organize minis as they arrive and get at least 2 points assembled and based.




1. Rob Pierce, based in Reading in UK

2. GW exile. started whfb almost 20 years ago, dabbled very loosely in 40k. left gw entirely with age of sigmar, introduced to saga, haven't looked back. play normans, moors, vikings. skraelings will be next. currently running an age of the wolf campaign with normans, enjoying it. more of a gamer than painter but have started to enjoy painting a lot momore now focused on historicals. Norman army nearly finished, moors to be painted next.

3. by june 1st aiming to finish my unit of Norman foot warriors. 4 done, 4 in flight. shields need finishing.





1) Andrew Parker from Reading, UK (clubmate of Rob Pierce)

2) I started with Warhammer fantasy battle back in 1995, and played and painted it pretty much exclusively (with the odd dabble in 40K). I started Saga in early 2016 after giving up on Warhammer with its change to Age of Sigmar. I also started Bolt Action and Kings of War and I greater interest in historical miniatures or all periods, however, Saga is my main interest gaming and painting wise.

3) 1 point of Saracen Warriors (on foot) for the July target. I've already made a start but on holiday so will only have a day or two to finish them.

4) Stock photo of the Perry Miniatures Arab spearmen I'm working on.





More goals to come! Stay tuned for future updates! If you want to jump in with us, just let us know on Facebook by commenting on one of our posts. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a diverse bunch! Good luck guys, keep on plugging!

    ReplyDelete